Clinical Trials Manager
Kheiron are seeking to fulfill an exciting role within a flourishing UK start-up as a Clinical Trials Manager, overseeing delivery of academic clinical studies and grant milestones. Reporting to the Clinical Director and Lead for Compliance you will be responsible for managing Kheiron’s portfolio of existing collaborative research and grant projects, as well as providing expert project management for clinical trial conduct and reporting in the application of deep learning technology in healthcare.
You will provide outstanding research management support to Kheiron including: supporting the submission of new research applications, maximising cost recovery on grant applications, and supervising the successful development and delivery of a portfolio of UK, EU and US grants and clinical studies/trials while working with a diverse multi-disciplinary team of data scientists, software engineers, partnership and strategy leads, patients and clinicians.
You will understand the requirements of the various controlling bodies, agencies and frameworks, guiding grant projects and clinical studies to conform to those requirements and co-ordinating any necessary audit processes. You will monitor the progress of grant projects and clinical studies to ensure compliance with and adherence to the project plan and identify, evaluate and rectify problems. You will work with the project lead of grant projects and the Principle/Chief Investigators of clinical studies/trials to ensure that they are meeting targets and to predict and plan any changes that warrant requests to changes in protocol, funding or time. You will gather and examine grant and study documents and co-ordinate the preparation and publication of data, reports and information, ensuring that they meet legislative, contractual and ethical requirements to bodies.
In addition you will liaise with the relevant Trials Steering Committees, Data Monitoring and Ethics Committees with a particular view on compliance with Research Governance, Good Clinical Practice, Data Protection and Ethical Requirements. You will work alongside other team members in the partnerships team and other colleagues in machine learning and engineering in supporting Kheiron’s research objectives.
Applicants should hold a first class degree in a life science or health related subject and have an in depth understanding of Data Protection and Research Governance, as well as holding Good Clinical Practice certification.
Essential requirements are:
- Evidence of previous academic grant management (e.g. Innovate UK/CRUK/Wellcome).
- Experience managing clinical trials involving medical imaging.
- Proven track record in the coordination, conduct and reporting of clinical trials within a clinical trials unit, CRO or pharmaceutical/medical device company, from set-up to close.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Desirable requirements are:
- Experience/knowledge of quality management systems and medical device regulation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, as is the ability to work to high standards across a variety of tasks with constant regard to scientific and regulatory requirements.
- Proficient understanding of statistics.
- The opportunity to work alongside an inspiring team at the cutting edge of research, creating products to help the early detection of cancer
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience
- % Equity (share options) in the company
- We encourage our team to attend and present at global scientific conferences